Contains: Sesame, Sulphites, Soy, Wheat, Gluten
May Contains: Mustard, Milk, Egg, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Fish, Shellfish
May Contain: Egg, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: Gochujang is a savoury, sweet and spicy Korean red chili paste. It is spicy, so add it to your preferred spiciness level in Step 2.
- Wash limes, kale, cilantro, green onion, and cucumbers.
- Zest 1 lime and cut both limes in half.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Slice cucumbers into 1 cm rounds.
- Thinly slice green onions.
- Discard stem from kale and tear leaves into 2 inch pieces.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice tofu into ½ inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, garlic, ginger, lime zest, juice of 1 lime, with 2 tbsp. water and gochujang to taste to make a thin sauce.
- Set aside for Step 6.
Toast Sesame Seeds
- Add seed blend to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Toast sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Set aside.
Marinate Edamame + Cucumbers
- Add edamame and cucumbers to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in rice vinegar, cilantro and 1 tbsp. sesame oil, with half of the following: green onion and seed blend.
- Season to taste with salt.
Cook Kale + Tofu
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add kale and cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender and bright green. Season to taste with salt.
- Set kale aside on a plate and cover with tin foil to keep warm.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in skillet.
- Add tofu and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden and crispy.
- Turn heat down to low.
- Add sauce from Step 2 to skillet and stir for 1-2 minutes, or until it thickens and coats tofu.
- Add remaining seed blend.
- Place kale onto serving plates with marinated edamame and cucumbers beside.
- Add tofu next to vegetables.
- Garnish tofu with remaining green onions and lime juice to taste.