May Contain: Egg, Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: Watch ciabatta closely when broiling in Step 6 to prevent burning.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium.
- Wash potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Add potatoes to skillet and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until golden.
- Meanwhile, wash mushrooms, bell pepper, jalapeno and parsley.
- Trim off mushroom stems and cut mushrooms into bite-sized wedges.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove seeds and dice into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove seeds and dice finely.
- Pick and chop parsley leaves.
- Wash hands with hot soapy water.
- Drain and pat dry Italian sausage with paper towel.
Prepare Garlic Ciabatta
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut ciabatta bun in half.
- Spread 1 tbsp. butter and half of the garlic onto bread.
- Turn heat under potato skillet to high.
- Add red onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and corn to same skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook Italian Sausage
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a second skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add Italian sausage.
- Cook for 2 minutes, breaking apart with a spoon until mixture is at 165°F.
- Add sausage to first skillet with vegetables.
- Stir in remaining garlic, spice blend, balsamic vinegar, and jalapeno to taste.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Toast Ciabatta + Melt Cheese
- Sprinkle parsley and cheddar cheese on top of sausage veggie skillet.
- Put ovenproof skillet and ciabatta in oven.
- Turn broiler to 500°F. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden, and ciabatta is crispy around the edges.
- Watch ciabatta closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Divide sausage veggie skillet onto plates with a side of garlic ciabatta.