May Contain: Egg, Fish, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Shellfish, other Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
- Rinse and drain jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add jasmine rice to a small pot with 1 1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook rice for 15-18 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Add cashews to a dry skillet over medium heat.
- Toast for 5-6 minutes, tossing often, until golden and fragrant.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash bell pepper, baby bok choy and green onion.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and dice into ¾ inch pieces.
- Trim stems from baby bok choy bundles and separate leaves, tearing off and discarding any thick white stalks.
- Thinly slice green onions.
- Drain diced chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. cold water with cornstarch until dissolved.
- Whisk in dark soy sauce, soy sauce, sherry cooking wine, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and sesame oil.
- Add sambal oelek to taste and set aside for step 5.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink on the outside.
- Add bell pepper, onion and baby bok choy to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium, add prepared sauce, cashews and half of the green onions and toss to coat with sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Finish + Serve
- Portion rice into serving bowls with stir-fry over top.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
AS SEEN ON