May Contain: Barley, Egg, Milk, Mustard, Oats, Peanuts, Rye, Seafood, Sesame, Tree Nuts, Triticale, and Wheat.
Tip: Lime leaves have a thick and chewy stem. In Step 2, remove stem by slicing each leaf twice, as close to the stem as possible to get 2 half moons.
- Rinse and drain quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add quinoa to a pot with 1 1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 18-22 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash green beans, limes, bird’s eye chili, lime leaves, cilantro, and Thai basil.
- Trim ends from green beans and cut length in half.
- Zest one lime and cut both limes in half.
- Cut Bird's Eye chili in half lengthwise, remove stem and seeds, and chop finely.
- Remove Kaffir lime leaves from stems and chop finely. Discard stems.
- Pick and chop Thai basil and cilantro leaves.
- Wash hands well with hot soapy water.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, maple syrup, spice blend, lime zest, lime leaves, Bird's Eye chili to taste, and juice of one lime.
- Stir to mix all ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a dry large skillet over medium-high.
- Drain tofu, pat dry with paper towel and cut into ½ inch cubes.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to skillet along with tofu and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden and crispy.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to same skillet over medium-high.
- Add butternut squash and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until tender and golden.
- Add onions and green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes, until all vegetables are tender and green beans are bright green.
- Return tofu to skillet alond with prepared sauce and cook, tossing often, for 3-4 minutes, until sauce has coated everything and dish is fragrant.
- Toss with half of both the Thai basil and cilantro and season to taste with salt.
- Divide quinoa into large bowl and top with stir-fry.
- Garnish with remaining Thai basil, cilantro and lime juice to taste.