May Contain: Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: Cover the pot with a lid in Step 2 to bring the water to a boil more quickly. Remove the lid once you have added the pasta.
- Wash basil and spinach.
- Pick and chop basil leaves.
- Drain chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice any large pieces of chicken into roughly 1 inch chunks.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring 2-1/2 litres salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Add tortellini and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- Turn broiler on to 500°F. Move oven rack to highest setting.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add chicken and onion and cook for 3–4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and reduce heat to low.
- Add spinach and half of the basil to skillet and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until spinach is tender.
- Add cooked and drained tortellini and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheeses over top and transfer skillet to high rack in oven.
- Broil for 4–6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Keep watch to prevent burning.
- Portion baked pasta onto plates.
- Spoon any remaining sauce from skillet over top.
- Garnish with remaining basil.
As Featured In