May Contain: Egg, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, Wheat, and Gluten.
- Add Arborio rice to a large wide saucepan with 2 cups water and crumble in vegetable stock cube.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Cook for 22-25 minutes, adding ½ cup water at a time as the rice cooks and water absorbs, until grains are tender and rice is creamy.
Begin Cooking Mushrooms
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add mushrooms to skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring halfway until tender and beginning to brown.
- Wash thyme and spinach.
- Pick and chop thyme leaves.
- Form Beyond Italian sausage into ½ inch balls.
- Stir meatballs, shallots, thyme, garlic, and spice blend into skillet.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until shallots are tender.
Finish Risotto + Serve
- When rice grains from Step 1 are tender, stir mushroom and sausage mixture into saucepan with Arborio rice.
- Stir spinach, parmesan cheese, and 2 tbsp. butter into saucepan until butter melts.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until spinach is bright green and tender, and meatballs are an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide risotto into large serving bowls.