May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: The Beyond Meat Sausage and the vegetable stock cube provide salt to this recipe. Be sure to taste in Step 5 before adding salt and pepper.
- Add Arborio rice to a large wide saucepan with 2 cups water and crumble in vegetable stock cube.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then once boiling, reduce heat to medium, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Cook for 22-25 minutes, adding an additional ½ cup water at a time if necessary as the rice cooks and water absorbs, until grains are tender and rice is creamy.
Begin Cooking Mushrooms
- Wash mushrooms, and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add mushrooms to skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring halfway until tender and beginning to brown.
- Wash parsley and spinach.
- Pick and chop parsley leaves.
- Pat dry Beyond Meat Italian Sausage and form into ½ inch meatballs.
- Stir meatballs, shallots, garlic, and porcini mushroom powder into mushrooms.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until shallots are tender.
- Add white cooking wine and turn heat off.
- When rice grains from Step 1 are tender, stir mushroom and meatball mixture into saucepan with rice.
- Add 2 tbsp. butter into saucepan and stir until butter is melted and combined.
- Reduce heat to low and add spinach and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until spinach is bright green and tender, and meatballs are an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in parsley just before serving.
- Divide risotto into large serving bowls.
AS SEEN ON