May Contain: Barley, Egg, Mustard, Oats, Peanuts, Rye, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts, Triticale, and Wheat.
Tip: In Step 4, pay close attention when browning your butter so it doesn’t burn.
- Turn oven to 400°F with oven rack in a high position.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high.
- Wash lemon and cut in half.
- Drain chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towel. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken skin-side down in hot skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until skin is golden and crispy. Turn chicken over and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Place lemon halves flat in skillet. Put skillet in oven.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes and cook until chicken is at an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss mixed roasting vegetables on baking sheet with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Season to taste with cayenne pepper and salt.
- Put baking sheet in oven and set a second timer for 15 minutes.
- Wash, pick and chop sage leaves.
- RInse and drain basmati rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a small pot over medium until bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Stir sage, onions, and half of the garlic into pot. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add basmati rice and 1 ½ cups salted water to pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until grains are tender.
Finish Roasting Vegetables
- When timer for vegetables goes off, remove vegetables from oven.
- Add honey and remaining garlic to vegetables.
- Using a spatula, toss vegetables until evenly coated.
- Turn broiler on to 500°F. Return baking sheet to oven and cook vegetables for 3-5 more minutes, until golden and tender.
- Monitor closely to prevent burning.
- Divide rice and vegetables onto serving plates.
- Place chicken on the side and squeeze roasted lemon juice over chicken.