May Contain: Fish, Milk, Mustard, Sesame, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, other sources of Gluten
- Rinse and drain broken rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until grains are tender.
- Remove lid and fluff with a fork.
- Wash cilantro, mint, green onion, cucumber, bell pepper, and lime.
- Pick and chop cilantro and mint leaves.
- Thinly slice green onions.
- Trim ends from cucumber and slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut bell pepper in half and remove stem and seeds. Slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- Cut lime in half.
- Add cucumbers to a medium mixing bowl.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Add half of both the cilantro and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk sauce base, coconut sugar, and garlic. Add sambal oelek to taste.
- Set aside.
Cook Fried Rice
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, bell pepper to skillet. Cook for 3 minute. Add shallot and cook for 1 minute until shallots becoming golden.
- Add cooked rice and peanuts to skillet. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Stir in prepared sauce and fry for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally. Stir in half of the green onion.
- While rice is frying, heat 1 tbsp. oil in another large skillet over medium.
- Crack eggs into skillet and cook for 3–4 minutes, until whites are set and yolks are still runny, or cook to preference.
- Divide fried rice onto serving dishes. Top with fried eggs.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro, mint, green onion, and crispy onions to taste.
- Serve with a side of marinated cucumbers.
- Squeeze remaining lime over everything to taste.
As Featured In