May Contain: Egg, Fish, Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: If you’re cooking for 4 servings, repeat Step 5 with second naan.
- Rinse and drain quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add quinoa to a pot with 1 1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 18–22 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash jalapeno and cilantro.
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove stem and seeds, and finely mince.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Wash hands with hot soapy water.
- Rinse and drain red lentils in a fine mesh sieve.
Start Lentil Stew
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high.
- Once hot, add celery, carrot and onion to saucepan.
- Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and becoming golden.
Finish Lentil Stew
- Add garlic, ginger, spice blend, and jalapeno to taste to same saucepan and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in lentils, fire-roasted tomatoes, coconut milk, raw sugar, and 1 cup water. Crumble in organic vegetable stock cube.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover saucepan with a lid and cook for 10–15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Once hot, add garlic naan to skillet and immediately flip to coat both sides with oil.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes, flipping halfway through until naan is toasted and crispy.
- Remove naan from skillet and slice into wedges.
- Divide quinoa into bowls.
- Spoon stewed lentils and vegetables on top.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan wedges.
AS SEEN ON