May Contain: Egg, Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Remember to reserve pasta water as instructed in Step 1 before draining pasta.
- Bring 2 1/2 litres (5 litres for 4 servings) salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add spaghetti pasta and cook for 7-9 minutes or until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup (2 cups for 4 servings) pasta water and drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- Return pasta to pot with 1/2 tbsp. (1 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Wash kale, tomatoes, lemon and Italian parsley.
- Remove kale leaves from stems. Finely chop stems into 1/4 inch pieces and tear leaves into 2 inch pieces.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Zest and cut lemon in half.
- Pick and chop parsley leaves.
- Rinse and drain butter beans in a fine mesh sieve.
- Heat 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Once hot, add garlic, onion, lemon zest and kale stems to skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add herb blend, grape tomatoes and butter beans to skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.
- Add 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) butter, kale leaves, white cooking wine, whipping cream and Asiago cheese to skillet. Toss to combine with vegetables.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to pot along with cooked pasta, 1/2 cup (1 cup for 4 servings) reserved pasta water and half of the lemon juice. Cook on low for 2-3 minutes, or until pasta heats through and cheese melts.
- Add 1 tbsp. additional pasta water at a time until sauce thickens to desired texture.
- Season to taste with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Plate + Serve
- Divide pasta onto plates and top with vegetables and beans.
- Garnish with parsley and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Serve with remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!
AS SEEN ON