May Contain: Egg, Fish, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
- Turn oven to 375°F.
- Heat 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil in a large saucepan over medium.
- Once hot, add onions to saucepan. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are soft and turning golden.
- Rinse and drain cannellini beans in a fine mesh sieve.
Toast Pita Chips
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut each whole wheat pita into six equal wedges.
- Transfer pita to baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil, 1 tsp. of the (2 tsp. for 4 servings) spice blend, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place baking sheet in oven and set timer for 6 minutes.
- When timer goes off, flip pita chips and bake for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until chips are crispy and toasted.
- When onions are ready, add fire roasted tomatoes to saucepan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, maple syrup, bay leaf, half of the red wine vinegar and remaining spice blend.
- Stir in 1/2 cup (1 cup for 4 servings) water and cannellini beans. Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, wash bell pepper, dill, grape tomatoes and cucumber.
- Cut pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Pick and chop dill leaves.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half.
- Thinly slice cucumber into 1/4 inch rounds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk remaining red wine vinegar with oregano, 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cucumber, bell pepper, grape tomatoes, mixed olives and remaining dill to bowl.
- Stir to dress vegetables.
Plate + Serve
- Remove bay leaves from cooked beans and stir in half of the dill. -Transfer baked beans to serving bowls. Divide Greek salad to serving plates. Top salad with spiced pita chips.
- Garnish with remaining dill.
AS SEEN ON