May Contain: Fish, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, other Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: If you're cooking for 4 servings, in Step 3, cook tempeh in batches or use a second skillet to cook the second tempeh.
Roast Sweet Potatoes
- Turn oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel sweet potatoes and chop into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil, spice blend, and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place baking sheet in oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Wash roma tomato, Brussels Sprouts and arugula.
- Thinly slice tomato into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Cut ciabatta buns in half.
- Roughly chop walnuts.
- Carefully cut smoked tempeh in half horizontally like a bun. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add tempeh patties and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until crispy and golden.
- Remove tempeh from skillet and set aside until ready to serve.
Finish Sweet Potates
- Once timer goes off, toss sweet potatoes and sprinkle with walnuts. Return baking sheet to oven and roast for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and golden.
-Place buns directly on oven rack. Toast buns for 4-5 minutes, or until desired toastiness.
- Remove buns from oven and set aside until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw, Brussels sprouts, red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp. of the (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) Dijon mustard, and 1 tbsp. of the (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) mayonnaise.
- Stir to dress coleslaw. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings)
Assemble + Serve
- Spread remaining mayonnaise onto bottom buns. Place tempeh on bottom buns. Spread Salt Spring Kitchen Sour Cherry Preserve on top of tempeh.
- Place sliced tomato over preserve and a handful of arugula on top.
- Spread remaining Dijon mustard onto top buns and place buns on top of arugula.
- Place sandwiches onto large plates. Divide sweet potatoes and coleslaw onto plates next to sandwiches.
AS SEEN ON