May Contain: Egg, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Wash basil, leeks and spinach.
- Separate pieces of leek.
- Pick and chop basil leaves.
- Roughly chop spinach.
- Finely dice sun-dried tomatoes.
Begin Cooking Sauce
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large wide saucepan over medium-high.
- Once hot, add leeks and butternut squash to saucepan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and becoming brown.
- Stir in garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes to taste.
Finish Sauce + Gnocchi
- Stir tomato sauce into saucepan, along with balsamic vinegar, basil and 1 cup water.
- Add gnocchi to sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cover saucepan with a lid and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi and butternut squash are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and remaining red pepper flakes if desired.
Assemble + Serve
- Stir spinach into sauce until bright green and tender.
- Divide gnocchi and sauce into large serving bowls.