May Contain: Egg, Milk, Mustard, Seafood, Sesame, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, Wheat, and Gluten.
Tip: Remember to reserve noodle water before draining in Step 4!
- Wash lime, cilantro, oyster mushrooms, baby bok choy and bird's eye chili.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Zest lime and cut in half.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves. Chop leaves and stems separately.
- Trim stems from mushrooms and cut large pieces in half.
- Trim ends from bok choy and separate leaves.
- Remove stem and seeds from bird's eye chili and thinly slice.
- Wash hands with hot, soapy water.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large saucepan over medium.
- Once hot, add garlic, ginger, cilantro stems and bird's eye chili to taste, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and half of the lime juice to saucepan.
- Cook another 4-5 minutes, until golden and tender.
- When mushrooms in Step 2 are cooked, stir in red curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, tofu cubes, lime zest and remaining lime juice to saucepan and stir to combine.
- Crumble in mushroom stock cube, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy, then cover pot with a lid.
- Simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until bok choy is tender.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 litres water to a boil in a large pot.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add rice vermicelli to pot.
- Let noodles sit in hot water for 2-3 minutes, stirring to separate until noodles are tender.
- When noodles are ready, reserve 1 cup noodle water and drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add noodles to saucepan along with 3/4 cup reserved water. Stir to distribute.
- Add additional reserved water by the tablespoon if you prefer a thinner broth.
Plate + Serve
- Distribute curry into bowls.
- Garnish with peanuts, bean sprouts and chopped cilantro leaves.