May Contain: Egg, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: Leave some butter on the counter ahead of time, or use the microwave to soften butter for a few seconds for Step 4.
- Turn oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place baby carrots on one half of the baking sheet.
- Toss carrots with 2 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put baking sheet in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until carrots are tender and golden.
Prepare Horseradish Jus
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a small pot over medium.
- Add onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk demi-glace seasoning and 1 cup water in a small bowl.
- Wash, pick and chop rosemary leaves.
- Add red cooking wine to onions and cook until mostly evapotated.
- Add demi-glace mixture to onions and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in horseradish to taste and half of the rosemary.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Wash arugula and chives.
- Trim ends off chives and chop finely.
Preapre Chive Butter + Toast Ciabatta
- In a second small bowl, mix 3 tbsp. butter with chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut ciabatta buns in half lengthwise and spread chive butter evenly on all insides.
- Put ciabatta buns in oven and cook for 5-7 minutes or until bread is golden and crispy on the edges.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high.
- Drain sliced beef and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Wash hands with hot, soapy water.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to skillet.
- Once hot, add beef, garlic and remaining rosemary.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, breaking apart with a spoon, until meat is cooked to 165°F.
Assemble + Serve
- Divide beef onto bottom pieces of ciabatta.
- Using tongs, remove onions from horseradish jus and place on top of beef.
- Top with arugula, close sandwich with top bun and slice diagonally.
- Divide horseradish jus into small bowls and place on larger dinner plate.
- Place beef dip sandwiches on plate with roasted carrots on the side.
- Dip beef dip into jus with each bite. Enjoy!