May Contain: Egg, Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: In Step 1, remember to reserve pasta water while pasta is cooking to finish the cream sauce in Step 4. If you don’t have an ovenproof saucepan, transfer everything to a baking dish in Step 5 before broiling.
- Bring 2 1/2 litres salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add farfalle pasta and cook for 11–13 minutes or until al dente.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups pasta water while pasta is cooking and set aside for Step 4.
- Drain pasta in a fine mesh sieve.
- Wash broccoli and shallots.
- Cut broccoli into 2 inch florets.
- Peel shallots, trim ends and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Drain diced chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
Begin Cooking Cream Sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp. each of butter and olive oil in a large wide ovenproof saucepan over medium-high.
- Add diced chicken and cook for 2–3 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add shallots and garlic to saucepan. Stir for 1 minute or until shallots begin to soften.
Finish Cream Sauce
- Stir white cooking wine into saucepan until mostly evaporated.
- Stir in unbleached flour.
- Stir reserved pasta water into saucepan with whipping cream until thick and smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in broccoli.
- Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until broccoli is bright green and tender.
Assemble + Broil Cheese
- Turn broiler on to 500°F with rack in a high position.
- When pasta is ready, stir into saucepan until everything is evenly mixed.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Sprinkle aged white cheddar cheese evenly on top.
- Place ovenproof saucepan under broiler until cheese is melted and golden. Keep watch to prevent burning.
- Divide chicken farfalle onto plates.