May Contain: Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, and Tree Nuts.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Carefully add eggs to water and set a timer for 8 minutes.
- Drain and run eggs under cold water for about 5 minutes, or until cooled.
- Gently tap eggs while turning to crack shells, then remove shells. Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
Cook Spiced Rice
- Heat 1 tbsp. each of the following into a small pot: olive oil and butter.
- Once hot, add brown rice, vegetable stock cube, and half of the spice blend. Stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid, reduce heat and cook for 18-22 minutes.
- Wash jalapeno, bell pepper, cilantro and lemon.
- Remove stem and seeds from bell pepper and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Remove stem and seeds from jalapeno and finely dice.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Cut lemon in half.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towel. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, add cabbage to a medium bowl. Season with lemon juice and half of the cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside for serving.
- When eggs from Step 1 are cooling, heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high.
- Add tofu and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning as needed until becoming golden and crispy on the outside.
- Stir in onions and bell peppers and cook for 5-6 munutes, or until tender.
- Add in green peas, garlic, remaining spice blend and jalapeno to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Divide rice onto one side of large serving bowls.
- Add tofu and vegetables on the side.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro. Top with cabbage, a halved egg, yogurt and lemon juice to taste.
AS SEEN ON