May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Heat Oven + Skillet
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium.
- Add white wine vinegar, sugar, ½ tsp. salt, and ½ cup water to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add radish.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- Line a piece of foil with paper towel.
- Heat 1 or 2 tortillas at a time in hot skillet, until beginning to brown.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, wash jalapeno, cilantro, tomatoes, and limes.
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove seeds and mince.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Zest limes and cut in half.
Make Pico de Gallo
- Divide jalapeno into two portions. Wash hands with hot soapy water.
- Add tomatoes to a small bowl, along with half of the following: onion, cilantro, and garlic. Mix well.
- Add half of the following to taste: lime juice, lime zest, and jalapeno.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish Preparing Ingredients
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix cabbage with remaining cilantro and lime zest.
- Mix in half of the remaining lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and set aside until ready to serve.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and slice.
Prepare Black Beans
- Drain and rinse black beans in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil to hot skillet over medium heat.
- Add remaining onion and garlic.
- Add black beans, spice blend, and remaining jalapeno to taste.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup water and squish some black beans with a wooden spoon until mixture starts to stick together.
- Season to taste with salt.
Assemble + Serve
- Strain liquid from pickled radish when ready to serve.
- Divide black beans between tortillas.
- Top with sliced avocado, pico de gallo, pickled radish, feta, and cabbage.
- Squeeze remaining lime on top to taste.
As Featured In