May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Sulphites, and other Tree Nuts.
- Rinse and drain brown rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 1/4 cups salted water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook rice for 18–22 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Turn oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Put zucchini on baking sheet and toss with 2 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put baking sheet in oven and cook for 18–20 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and golden.
- Wash, pick and chop mint and basil leaves.
- Crumble feta into small pieces.
- Roughly chop walnuts and set aside for serving.
Prepare + Cook Meatballs
- Drain ground turkey and pat dry with paper towel.
- Put turkey in a medium mixing bowl with crumbled feta and half of the mint.
- Season with salt and pepper and a small pinch of red pepper flakes to taste.
- Mix well with clean hands.
- Form turkey mixture into 8 meatballs. Wash hands with hot soapy water.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high.
- Add meatballs and cook for 4–5 minutes, turning as needed until brown on the outsides.
- Remove meatballs from saucepan and set aside on a plate.
- Add onions to saucepan and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until becoming golden and tender.
- Stir spice blend, garlic and tomato paste into saucepan for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add fire-roasted tomatoes, half of the basil and 1/2 cup water.
- Return meatballs to sauce. Bring sauce to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook meatballs for 4–6 minutes, turning once, until sauce thickens and meatballs are cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Season to taste with the following: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Divide rice onto serving plates with zucchini.
- Place meatballs on top of rice. Spoon sauce over top.
- Garnish with crispy onions, walnuts and remaining mint and basil.
AS SEEN ON