May Contain: Egg, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Bring 2 1/2 litres salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add penne pasta and cook for 8-12 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add pasta back to pot and stir in 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Wash basil and spinach leaves.
- Pick and chop basil leaves and roughly chop spinach.
- Drain turkey and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut turkey into 2 inch pieces and season well with salt and pepper.
Prepare Rose Sauce
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large wide saucepan over medium.
- When hot, add onions to saucepan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until soft and beginning to brown.
- Add turkey and cook for 2 minutes, or until almost fully cooked.
- Stir in garlic and tomato paste for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add white cooking wine and use a wooden spoon to release any brown bits stuck to bottom of saucepan.
- Add fire-roasted tomatoes, whipping cream, and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring sauce to a simmer. Season to taste with the following: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until sauce thickens a little.
Finish + Serve
- Add cooked pasta, spinach and basil to rose sauce.
- Stir until spinach is bright green and tender.
- Divide pasta into large bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.