May Contain: Egg, Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: Don't forget to reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining the pasta in step 1.
- Bring 2 1/2 litres salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add penne pasta and cook for 8–12 minutes, or until al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain pasta in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add pasta back to pot and stir in 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Wash basil and spinach.
- Pick and chop basil leaves.
- Drain turkey and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice any larger turkey pieces into roughly 2 inch pieces and season well with salt and pepper.
Prepare Rose Sauce
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large wide saucepan over medium.
- Once hot, add onions and cook for 1–2 minutes, until softened and turning golden.
- Add turkey and cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring halfway through, until no longer pink.
- Stir in garlic, spice blend and tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Pour in white cooking wine and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add fire-roasted tomatoes, whipping cream, balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 6–8 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened and turkey is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Add remaining pasta water by the tablespoon until sauce is desired consistency.
- Season sauce to taste with the following: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Stir in pasta, spinach and half of both the basil and parmesan cheese, and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until spinach is bright green and tender.
- Portion pasta into serving bowls.
- Spoon any remaining sauce from saucepan over pasta.
- Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese and basil, and pepper to taste.
AS SEEN ON