May Contain: Egg, Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
TIP: Leave some butter on the counter ahead of time, or use the microwave to soften butter for a few seconds. You'll need it for Step 3.
Roast Brussels Sprouts
- Turn oven on to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, trim stems and cut into quarters.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to baking sheet. Toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place baking sheet in oven and set a timer for 12 minutes.
- When timer goes off, toss Brussels sprouts and place back in oven for 12-15 minutes, until crispy and tender.
Start Bolognese Sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Drain Italian ground turkey and pat dry with paper towel.
- Once hot, add turkey to skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned.
- Add onion to skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender and golden.
Toast Garlic Focaccia
- Meanwhile, cut focaccia buns in half.
- Spread buns with 2 tbsp. butter and half of the garlic.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- When tossing Brussels sprouts the second time in Step 1, place garlic bread in oven with buttered side up. Toast for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden and crispy.
Finish Bolognese Sauce
- Add tomato paste, spice blend and remaining garlic to skillet. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add white cooking wine and scrape skillet with a wooden spoon to break up any browned bits.
- Add crushed tomatoes and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir in half of the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Plate + Serve
- Wash Italian parsley and pick and chop leaves.
- Divide roasted Brussels sprouts onto plates. Top with Bolognese sauce.
- Garnish with Italian parsley and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Serve garlic toast on the side.
AS SEEN ON