May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: You may not use all the coconut milk, but you can save whatever you don't use for tomorrow's smoothie!
- Rinse and drain quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add quinoa to a pot with 1-1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 18-22 minutes, or until grains are tender.
- When quinoa is ready, stir in half of the cilantro and set aside.
- Wash bell pepper, lime, spinach and cilantro.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut lime in half.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas in a fine mesh sieve.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium.
- Once hot, add chickpeas, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add tomato paste, spice blend, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add crushed tomatoes, coconut sugar, and half of the coconut milk. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until curry thickens and flavours come together.
- Add additional coconut milk 2 tbsp. at a time to thin out curry to desired consistency.
- Stir in spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, until spinach is bright green and tender.
- Season with half of the lime juice and each of the following to taste: salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Plate + Serve
- Divide quinoa into bowls and top with chickpea masala.
- Garnish with crispy onions, remaining cilantro and lime juice to taste.
AS SEEN ON