May Contain: Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Shellfish, Soy, Sulphites, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: In Step 5, roast the kale to your desired crispiness. A bit of browning doesn't necessarily mean burnt.
- Turn oven on to 425°F.
- Wash cauliflower, kale, lime, cilantro, and parsley.
- Trim stems from kale and slice into 2 inch ribbons.
- Cut lime in half.
- Pick and chop cilantro and parsley leaves.
Begin Roasting Vegetables
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss cauliflower with 1 tbsp. olive oil, garlic and half of the spice blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cauliflower to one side of baking sheet and put in oven.
- Set a timer for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot and stir seed blend evenly into grains.
- Add 1-1/2 cups salted water and coconut oil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15–18 minutes or until grains are tender.
Make Tahini Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine tahini with remaining spice blend, 1 tbsp. water and lime juice to taste.
- Add more water 1 tbsp. at a time to adjust consistency if desired.
Finish Roasting Vegetables
- When timer from Step 2 goes off, turn cauliflower.
- Place kale on other side of baking sheet and toss with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and salt to taste.
- Place baking sheet back in oven and roast for 6–8 minutes, or until kale is lightly crispy and cauliflower is tender.
- Heat 1 tbsp. each of olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, crack eggs into skillet.
- When whites begin to set, reduce heat to medium and cook for 3–4 minutes until whites are cooked through, or cook to your preference.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Finish + Serve
- Fluff rice with a fork and mix in half of the following: cilantro, parsley and crispy onion.
- Divide turmeric rice onto plates.
- Top with roasted cauliflower, kale and egg.
- Garnish with tahini sauce, and remaining cilantro, parsley and crispy onion.
As Featured In