May Contain: Egg, Fish, Milk, Peanuts, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
- Turn oven on to 425°F with rack in a high position. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wash potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges, and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss in 2 tbsp. olive oil, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, then place baking sheet on top rack. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
Begin Caramelized Onions
- Heat 1-1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add onions. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until hot and beginning to colour.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook onions for another 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until colour turns deep golden.
Prepare Ingredients + Mayo
- Wash arugula.
- Slice peasant buns in half.
- In a small bowl, mix vegan mayonnaise and the following to taste: chipotle pepper and half of the lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt.
Cook Beyond Burgers
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add Beyond burgers and cook for 4–5 minutes per side.
- Cook until an internal temperature of 165°F and hot and crispy on the outside.
Finish Cooking + Toast Buns
- When timer from Step 1 goes off, turn broiler to 450°F.
- Turn potatoes and cook for another 5–7 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Keep watch over the potatoes to prevent burning.
- Place buns in oven on rack below potatoes. Toast for 4–6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Stir garlic into skillet with onions, along with the herb blend to taste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add balsamic vinegar and remaining lemon juice to onions, then reduce heat medium-low. Cook for 4–6 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Season onions to taste with the following: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Assemble + Serve
- Place buns on serving plates.
- Spread Vegan mayo on both sides of buns. Place a Beyond burger on top.
- Divide balsamic onions over patties.
- Garnish with arugula.
- Put potatoes back into medium bowl. Toss with spice blend and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on plate next to burgers.
AS SEEN ON