May Contain: Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Sesame, and Tree Nuts.
- Bring 2 1/2 litres salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Once boiling, add half of the rice noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain noodles in a fine mesh sieve and rinse under cold running water.
- Add noodles back into pot with 1 tbsp. oil and toss.
- Set aside for Step 5.
- Wash green onion, cilantro, lime, and bean sprouts.
- Slice green onion thinly.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Cut lime in half.
- Roughly chop peanuts.
- Drain shrimp and pat dry with paper towel. Remove tails and discard.
Prepare Tamarind Sauce + Eggs
- In a small bowl, mix tamarind, ginger, garlic, raw sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and half of the sambal oelek to taste.
- Crack eggs into a second small bowl and mix with a fork.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
Cook Shrimp + Egg
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once oil is hot, add shrimp and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until becoming opaque.
- Add egg mixture and spread evenly to cover bottom of pan like a thin pancake. Cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Once eggs set and shrimp are cooked, roughly break apart with a spatula and set aside on a plate.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
Finish Pad Thai
- When rice noodles from Step 1 are ready, heat 2 tbsp. oil in the same large skillet over high.
- Add rice noodles and cook for 3–4 minutes, turning occasionally until beginning to crisp.
- Using tongs, turn over noodles. If noodles start clumping and sticking together, use tongs to separate.
- Add shrimp and eggs and tamarind sauce to skillet and stir to mix.
- Add bean sprouts, half of the lime juice to taste, and half of the following: cilantro and green onions.
- Cook for 1–2 minutes until everything is hot.
- Divide pad thai onto serving plates.
- Garnish with crispy onion, peanuts, and remaining cilantro and green onion.
- Season with remaining sambal oelek and lime juice to taste.
AS SEEN ON