May Contain: Barley, Egg, Milk, Mustard, Oats, Peanuts, Rye, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts, Triticale, and Wheat.
- Wash Thai basil, cilantro, lime, bell peppers, and bird's eye chili.
- Pick and chop basil and cilantro leaves.
- Zest and cut lime in half.
- Cut bell peppers in half, remove seeds and cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut bird's eye chili in half, remove seeds and mince.
- Wash hands with hot soapy water.
- Drain rockfish and pat dry on paper towel. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Season with spice blend, salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large pot over medium-high.
- Add onions and bell peppers to pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until becoming tender and golden.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, lemongrass , laksa spice and bird's eye chili to taste for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Prepare Coconut Curry Broth
- Add in coconut milk, tamarind, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime zest with 2 1/2 cups water.
- Add cornstarch to a small bowl with 2 tbsp. water and stir until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture into coconut curry.
- Bring to a simmmer over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over high heat.
- Once, hot, add rockfish and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally until fish begins to flake and is an internal temperature of 158°F.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- Add rice noodles to broth and cook for 2 minutes, or until noodles are almost tender.
- Stir in carrots and half of the following: lime juice, Thai basil, and cilantro.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until noodles are just tender.
- Divide laksa broth and rice noodles into large serving bowls and top with the vegetables.
- Top with rockfish and remaining herbs.
- Squeeze lime juice to taste on top.