May Contain: Barley, Egg, Oats, Peanuts, Rye, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Triticale, and Wheat.
Tip: Chop the herbs in Step 2 very finely. This will make the herb dresssing more flavourful.
Cook Roasted Vegetables
- Turn oven on to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wash bell pepper, broccoli, jalapeno, Italian parsley, cilantro, oregano, and mushrooms.
- Cut bell pepper in half, and remove stem and seeds. Cut into 1 inch strips.
- If mushrooms are larger than 1 1/2 inches in diameter, cut in half. Otherwise, leave them whole.
- Place bell peppers, sweet potato, and mushrooms onto baking sheet.
- Toss in 2 tbsp. olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
Finish Prepping Ingredients
- Pick and chop parsely, cilantro, and oregano leaves very finely.
- Cut jalapeno, remove stem and seeds, and mince.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas in a fine mesh sieve.
- Roughly chop walnuts.
Prepare Herb Dressing
- In a small bowl, add all herbs with jalapeno to taste.
- Add red wine vinegar with 1/4 cup olive oil and half of the garlic.
-Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook Maple Glazed Chickpeas
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add onions and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until beginning to soften and turn golden.
- Add chickpeas and cook 4-5 minutes, tossing occasionally until golden.
- Add spice blend, remaining garlic, and more jalapeno to taste if desired. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add maple syrup to taste with 2 tbsp. of the herb dressing. Cook for 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in half of the walnuts.
- Turn heat to low to keep warm.
- When timer from Step 1 goes off, turn over vegetables and add broccoli to baking sheet.
- Turn broiler on to 450°F. Cook for another 5-8 minutes, or until all vegetables are golden and tender.
- Monitor closely to prevent burning.
- Divide roasted vegetables into one side of large serving bowls.
- Add maple glazed chickpeas on the other side.
- Drizzle herb dressing over vegetables.
- Crumble feta on top of chickpeas and sprinkle remaining walnuts over everything.