May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and other Tree Nuts.
- Rinse and drain basmati rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add basmati rice to a small pot with 1-1/4 cups salted water with 1 tbsp. butter and golden raisins and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash cilantro and mint.
- Pick and chop cilantro and mint leaves.
- Drain ground lamb, and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place cashews on a baking sheet and put in oven.
- Set a timer for 5-7 minutes and cook until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
Begin Cooking Lamb
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high.
- Once hot, add onions and cook for 2 minutes or until becoming tender and golden.
- Stir in ground lamb, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in garlic, spice blend and cayenne pepper to taste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- If spices stick scrape off with a wooden spoon and work into mixture
- Stir in carrots and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often, until carrots are tender and lamb is cooked to 165°F.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Finish Biryani + Serve
- When rice is cooked, stir into the lamb mixture until evenly mixed.
- Over medium-high heat, cook for 2–3 minutes, turning occasionally, to crisp rice a little.
- Mix in half of the following: mint and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide onto large servings plates.
- Serve with cashews, greek yogurt and remaining mint and cilantro.
As Featured In